||Posted 4 years 220 days ago ago by Christian Burke 0 Comments
0 Loved it
Here is a simple step by step instruction guide for installing the Lync 2013 Reports to a SQL Server Mirror. The instructions are essentially the same for Lync 2010 and also for SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012. I am using Lync 2013 Enterprise and SQL Server 2012 with a Mirror and a Witness (three separate SQL installations) .
The assumptions made are that of course Lync 2013 is already installed and is connected to a SQL Mirror configuration. It is NOT assumed that you have already installed the SQL Server Reporting Services yet. If you already have, you can skip SECTION 1 and move on to SECTION 2.
SECTION 1 – Install SQL Reporting Services
- Launch SQL Server Installation Center (however you want to do it)
- Add features to an existing installation
- Accept product updates if they are offered (why the heck not)
- Select the instance you want to put them on. In this case, the entire Lync installation is on the Default instance and it’s perfectly fine to install the Lync Reports there too.
- You only need to select Reporting Services. There is no need to add any other Shared Features or Analysis Services. In this case, they were already installed. But, again, they are not necessary, only Reporting Services.